Welcome to the WMBRC Racing website
Motorboat racing on Windermere had been taking place informally for several years, when in 1923, the Ambleside Water Carnival held the first organised races for Motor Boats and Hydroplanes. With the success of these races the previous year, entries for 1924 were up to 34 craft, which raced for several new trophies, many of which were subsequently presented to the club and are still competed for today.
It was a small number of these friends, who in 1925, met for the explicit purpose of forming a motorboat-racing club. By 1927 the members had financed and built a new clubhouse and pier on land in Parsonage Bay and the club was in business.
In 1951 WMBRC acquired the famous Broad Leys house as their headquarters and raced Powerboats from its foreshore from that date until the LDNPA imposed a speed limit of 10mph on the Lake in 2005. Since then the Club has continued a full racing programme in Barrow Docks and several of our club member race in the National series.
Racing has continued successfully at Barrow docks and we have a full calendar of races in the coming year. More information can be gained on these pages as to how to join in racing at Barrow and rules and regulations for racing as well as up to date results for the season.